Cloud Automation Developer
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Seeking an experienced Cloud Automation Developer to join our team. This technical role will be responsible for automating software deployment, developing and scaling data ingest pipelines, developing an auto-scaling system to smartly utilize hundreds of servers, building global scale load balancing and monitoring for uptime and performance, within the Amazon Cloud.
Linux expertise is paramount to the success of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solid understanding of AWS and cloud solutions architecture
- Build, automate and secure application configuration, auto-deployment, and provisioning services
- Design, develop, automate and operationalize software/service updates
- Develop innovative ways to measure and monitor application and infrastructure health
- Work with engineering and product management to architect and build features that are highly available, high performance and secure.
- Interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades, and monitoring through modern DevOps tools (Chef, AWS Cloud formation)
- Automation is a part of your daily function, so thorough familiarity with scripting in Linux, Java, and Python is a critical skill.
- Bachelor of computer or software engineering or computer science or equivalent diploma
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience running systems using Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with Linux systems, virtualization, and network administration
- Knowledge of Java, Python, and Bash would be an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills